Monday 18 April 2011

Size is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

I know others will disagree with this statement. I know the argument is that we should all be healthy and being overweight is not healthy, and that people should not advocate being overweight by saying it's beautiful because it isnt and blah blah blah. . .


But I have been thinking and observing the humanity in my immediate vicinity. This issue has been bouncing around in my mind for so long. All the thinking I've been doing has centred on whether I want to pursue the above notion as a genuine belief system, or to discard it and continue to base the strength of my self esteem on my dress size, and have none until I reach at least a size 12. As you all know I am a UK 16-18 without a shadow of a doubt. You will also know that if I lost a couple of stone it is unlikely that I would be in any way anorexic. It is also likely that if I become busy or if I take up a hobby that makes me more active I will lose weight. 


I will probably like that this is happening and I will not complain however, I will now be brutally honest. As a teenager, I am not at a place where I want to lose weight to be healthy. I want to eat chinese takeaway, pizza and Nando's till my heart's content. Couple that with me being a hopeless romantic, the only reason I would want lose weight is because I believe that is a genuine barrier to me having a lovelife. Pretty sad I think although it is the honest truth. Therefore, the active pursuit of weightloss is no longer highly ranked on my agenda which includes, sleeping eating, writing the occasional essay and making an abundance of fashion and beauty related purchases both physically and internetedly. 


Think whatever you like, but I have reached the conclusion that size is not synonymous with your ability to be gorgeous and stylish. I met a girl who picked up the same dress as I did from New Look, only hers was a size 8, a size 10 at most and mine was a size 16. See the difference:-
 Oh wait...there's hardly any.


 Now don't get me wrong, I don't advocate being so overweight that normal everyday life is difficult, but a little extra chub is unlikely to cause an extortionate amount of damage. I see people in all shapes and sizes enjoying life and love, and as part of my self discovery, I have decided to forget the idea that others can't love me because I am a size 16+.


So the journey of discovery continues. I'm just learning to be comfortable, and stay comfortable in my own skin. Seeing as I haven't got a size 10 figure to call on, I'd best whip my self-belief into shape and give myself instead, an aura of irresistibility. (I'll let you know how that goes ;-)) From what I've been told, it apparently lasts much longer than a youthful appearance. It's clearly worth the time investment then.


To wrap this up, I would advise all ladies to pursue what makes them happy and not what they think will make other people happy. The latter is a fool's game with limited results and high costs. If a little less weight will make you happy, lose it. If a little more weight will make you happy, gain it but continue to nurture your self-worth whilst you go on such a journey and know that style can be achieved in every season, regardless of size and shape.






Hugs and Kisses ladies,
XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment